This Roasted Sea Bass with Caramelised Red Vegetables is so colourful and impressive, yet this tasty dish is really simple to prepare.
- 4 sea bass fillets
- 2 medium red onions
- 1 red pepper
- 1 small pack of cherry tomatoes
- sea salt and black pepper seasoning
- A good drizzle of light olive oil
- The same amount of balsamic vinegar
- some fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Slice up the onions and pepper, put them in an oven proof dish or roasting pan.
- Give them a good drizzle of oil and balsamic vinegar and turn them round, to make sure they are covered.
- Keep them together in the pan (not too spaced out) you don't want them to dry out.
- Place in a medium hot oven for around 15 mins or until they look soft and are starting to caramelise, Now add the tomatoes, giving them a good stir to mix the flavours together and put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the dish and scrape the vegetables together to form an even bed for the fish to lie on.
- Drape the seasoned sea bass fillets over vegetables and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Place in the oven and cook for 15 mins or until the fish is firm but don't allow it to dry out.
Fish is really good for you, but sometimes people say it can be be a bit bland and boring. This easy recipe definitely solves that problem, the caramelised red vegetables provide a tangy, flavoursome bed for the fish to bake on, and when it’s ready to serve, the sea bass is moist and succulent and full of mediterranean flavour.