This juicy Watermelon and Beetroot Salad is bursting with colour and perfect for a hot summer lunch. When a lot of things seem too heavy or rich in the heat, this refreshing salad comes to the rescue.
Watermelon and Beetroot Salad Ingredients
- A quarter of a medium sized watermelon, cut into cubes.
- 1 fresh, raw beetroot, peeled and sliced thinly into petals with a vegetable slicer or peeler.
- 12 black olives.
- Half a sweet red pepper, sliced.
- 50 grams of feta cheese, crumbled.
- A few sprigs of fresh mint to garnish.
- Light olive oil and lemon juice for dressing, if desired.
Combine the ingredients together, you can dress the salad with a light olive oil and lemon juice dressing, but it’s already very juicy!