*This post contains affiliate links*
This homemade hummus is so quick and wholesome, it only takes a couple of minutes to whizz up in your food processor and when you make it yourself you can tweak the ingredients to personalise the taste. I experimented with adding a little grated raw cauliflower to give a it a bit more texture, with fresh garlic and a pinch of chilli to add a kick
Home-made Hummus is such a useful and nutritious staple it’s really worth keeping some in the fridge. If you make a batch at the beginning of the week, you can use it for lunches with raw vegetables, as a dip with hors d’oeuvres, or add it to a mezze bowl of salad. It saves time and it’s great for adding an interesting contrast to all sorts of dishes.
- 2 cans organic chick peas
- A good handful of raw cauliflower florets grated finely
- ½ cup tahini
- Juice of 1½ lemons
- 3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ground chilli flakes to taste
- Add all the ingredients into the bowl of your food processor.
- Blend for a couple of minutes.
- Taste it and see if it needs more salt or chilli.
- If it is too thick for your liking then add a tbsp of water at a time and re-blend until you get the desired consistency.
- It will Keep in a covered container in the fridge for up to one week .