This wonderful Happy Hazelnut Fridge Fudge needs to be shared, it’s so easy, quick and irresistibly delicious I feel it’s a duty to spread the happiness.
If you like a sweet treat then this recipe’s definitely for you, but there’s no need to feel guilty because there are only good things in it. Choose the best quality ingredients and you can tuck in without a care in the world, a little of what you fancy always does you good!
- 100g bar of good quality 80 per cent dark chocolate
- 150 g whole hazelnuts
- 75 g raisins
- 1 tbsp tahini (you could substitute peanut butter)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 generous tbsp runny honey (maple syrup would also do)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Take half of the hazelnuts and toast them for 5 mins on a baking sheet in a medium oven, taking care to keep an eye on them so they don't burn.
- Take the other half of the nuts and put them into a food processor, give them a thorough blitzing until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Add the tahini, cocoa, coconut oil and honey and pulse the mixer until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Melt the chocolate gently in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Add the melted chocolate to the nutty mixture in the processor and blend briefly.
- Slice the toasted hazelnuts into two and stir them and the raisins into the chocolatey fudge until the nuts and raisins are well coated.
- Line a baking tin with cling film. The size of the tin will determine the thickness of your fudge ( I used a 30cm loaf tin)
- Refridgerate for 20 mins until set, and then turn out and slice into tempting chunks!