This 3 ingredient beetroot, carrot and orange salad is very simple. The riot of colour speaks for itself and the good news is that the flavour does too!
Beetroot Carrot and Orange Salad Ingredients
- One fresh raw beetroot, peeled.
- One large carrot, peeled.
- One large orange, peeled and sliced crossway into discs, then quartered.
- In a jam jar, mix the juice of half a lemon with the same amount of extra virgin olive oil. Add a couple of tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to sweeten, some salt and some crushed mustard seeds. Give it a good shake and drizzle.
- You can use any slicing tool, mandolin or even a humble potato peeler to thinly slice both the carrot and the beetroot. Keep the two piles separate until the last minute to avoid the beetroot spreading it's colour.
- Once all the slicing is done, arrange the beetroot, carrot and orange in the bowl. It's a little like arranging flowers, but try to avoid the mixing it up too much, to avoid everything turning pink!
*This post contains affiliate links*