These baked mushrooms with halloumi cheese are a stunning addition to any meal. They can be served as a vegetarian option alongside other dishes or served on their own as a succulent snack. You can get creative with the toppings, depending on what you have available, but stick with a mediteranean vibe and the flavours will all complement each other.
Baked Mushrooms with Halloumi Cheese Ingredients
- Portobello Mushrooms
- Halloumi Cheese
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Red Pepper
- olive oil and balsamic vinegar
1. Place 6 portobello mushrooms upside down on a baking tray.
2. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, scatter with some finely chopped garlic.
3. Arrange some halved cherry tomatoes, olives, slices of red pepper (or any other additions you may like to add)
4. Top with slices of halloumi cheese.
5. Place in a medium hot oven gas mark 5 for 20-25 mins or until the topping looks nicely softened and the cheese looks toasted.