Avocados, lemon juice and pine nuts are a match made in heaven and when mashed together with a little garlic and parmesan they make a perfect pesto for this Avocado Pesto Pasta.
The wonderful thing about this recipe is the ease and speed of it’s preparation and of course coupled with the fact that it is incredibly tasty and extremely nutritious.
The finished dish isn’t the most visually stunning creation – let’s face it, green spaghetti is never going to look that appetising! But the light creamy, tangy taste is perfect if you need to make something quick, light and delicious.
- To feed two people
- 2 medium avocados
- The juice of one lemon
- 2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
- A sprinkle of dried garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- A handful of pine nuts
- 50g grated parmesan
- While you are cooking your pasta, prepare your pesto.
- First toast the pine nuts in a dry frying pan over the hob. This only takes a couple of minutes - watch them carefully!
- Peel the avocados and mash them in a bowl, add oil, lemon juice and seasoning and continue to mash into a smooth paste.
- When the pasta is cooked and drained, stir in the pesto and parmesan making sure it coats the pasta thoroughly .
- Serve onto dishes and sprinkle over the pine nuts.