Who knew it could be this quick and easy to make your own 3 ingredient non dairy berry ice cream. It looks stunning and it’s so creamy and bursting with flavour.
Better still there’s no churning or waiting and only half the calories! The secret is to freeze the berries first, and then when blended together in the processor with the coconut cream, it make a luxuriously rich and velvety texture. And reassuringly without any of the dubious nasties that are lurking in the small print on most of the shop bought brands.
Apart from the coconut milk and berries the other thing you do need to make this happen is a good food processor. So many of these healthy recipes rely on the magic of these wonderful little machines to transform ingredients and save an awful lot of arm ache! I have had my trusty magimix for nearly twenty years and although they are not cheap to buy initially, they are fantastic value for money because they are such great quality and I use it every day.
- 500g of frozen berries - I used raspberries
- 1 400ml can of organic coconut cream
- 1 250 ml carton coconut cream (refrigerated over night)
- ⅓ cup honey or date syrup (or any other natural sweetener)
- Simply place the berries and coconut cream, milk and honey in the food processor.
- The amount of sweetener you add can be adjusted according to personal taste.
- Blend until you can see that the berries have broken down sufficiently to make a creamy consistency.
- Serve immediately, otherwise keep it in the freezer in a covered container until you need it. When you are ready to use it take it out and allow to soften. If you prefer you can give it a second pulse in the blender to achieve the same creamy texture as before if it remains too firm for your liking.